Sunday was Father's Day. Sadly, Dave was unable to get work off so we were without the patriarch of our little family. We went over to my parent's house for dinner though so we were surrounded by some pretty awesome father's, even if the kids and I were missing Dave. I'm very grateful for my father. He is probably the best man I know (Sorry, Dave, but he's my dad. My DAD!). I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful things about my father. I was pretty mean to him during my teenage years. Whenever I apologize to him about that he gives me this confused look and says, "Really? No you weren't," even though we both know otherwise. He always has a smile on his face and lives to make us all laugh. He is a great listener and always has the best advice. You know, my mom is the same way. They were destined for each other. =) How I love them both. Anyway, my mom and dad got a new IPad for their Mother's and Father's day gifts to each other. My mom decided that she wanted to take a picture of all the father's and father's to be with it. I decided to jump in on the picture taking action. I thought that I had gotten a good picture of everyone but later realized that my Bro-in-law Andrew was making a weird face. Sorry Andrew, this picture is staying and everyone will see how weird you are. ;)
On Wednesday, we took the kids to Lagoon again. I decided to try taking a Dramamine and I am so glad I did. I'm not saying that I walked out of Lagoon feeling like a million bucks, because I didn't. I was glad to be heading home to my bed but at least I didn't look like a dead woman walking! Just like last week, there's not much to say. We went on rides, had cookies, chips and Sprite (our usual Lagoon goodies) and enjoyed some time as a family.
Dave was nice enough to go on the Pixie Cups with the kids. I don't think that's happening again this season. He felt pretty awful coming off of the ride.
This is Dave getting Mina to laugh while recovering from the Pixie Cups. We sat there for quite awhile. I got sick just watching them on the ride!
Dave also went on the Samurai with Piper. She was begging and I knew if I went, we would be leaving the park right after because I would be so sick. He really is sweet to go because he gets sick too. He's just not as weak as I am. =)
On Friday night we made Campfire Cones. Dave found a website that had all sorts of fun things to do while camping and this was one of them. You basically get some waffle cones, fill them with good treats (we used chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, marshmallows, strawberries and bananas), wrap them in foil and throw them on the grill or coals. Your choice. We weren't camping and we don't have a fire pit so we used the trusty old BBQ. We had two runs at the cones. The first run we left them on too long and the marshmallow caramelized and stuck to the tin foil and the strawberry juice was like molten lava when it squirted out all over my hands. They were still good though. The second run we could have left them on a little bit longer but they were still tasty and didn't burn our faces off!
Everyone enjoying their treats.
My tasty, tasty Campfire Cone!
And now for a cute picture of my Matthew. He has much bigger smiles than this one but the second I put the camera up to get a picture, his smile fades. It's nice to know that he loves to see my face and that's what makes him smile. I love being a mom!



No comments:
Post a Comment