It's been a bit busy this week so I hope that I can remember everything that happened. Okay, Sunday I took the kids over to my parents house for dinner. Like I said last week, Lorrie and her kids were visiting and Evan was supposed to arrive around dinner time. Gotta get that family time in when you only see someone a few times a year. Anyway, we had some delicious Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice, fruit salad and green beans. I brought some delightful Rainbow Sherbet and Strawberries and Cream ice cream for dessert. We basically just spent the night catching up with Evan. Mina found his boots and decided to try them on.
This is my mom holding AJ (left) and Matthew (right). They're 3 weeks apart but AJ is catching up to Matthew on size! We figured that Matthew only weighs maybe 8 oz more than AJ. That's only a guess though. (AJ was actually due the day before Matthew but Matthew came 12 days early and AJ came 9 days late. Crazy, huh?)
On Monday we had a party celebrating Chelsie (Lorrie and Evan) and Lucy's (Kevin and Amy) birthday. Remember that Mina, Lucy and Chelsie were all born within 8 weeks. We prefer our babies to be in groups in this family. ;) Speaking of groups of babies, here is the most recent group.
Trey (5 mths) AJ (2 mths) Matthew (3 mths) Tayson (8 mths)
They didn't particularly want to cooperate during the photo shoot. This was the only shot I got. I was trying to wait for them all to look at me but as you can see, I finally just took one. =) Anyway, we had a grand old BBQ with burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, fruit, baked beans and chips. It was fabulous! Lorrie even got a piñata for the kids to bust open.
My dad held Matthew while I helped the other kids with the piñata. I think this is a very cute picture.
Lorrie also made a rainbow cake. It was 6 layers and each layer was a different color. I meant to take a picture of it but I straight up forgot, plus Matthew was asleep in my arms so, yeah, it just didn't happen.
We bought season passports to Lagoon and Wednesday was our first time going this year. We bought season passes a couple years ago and it worked out great. We had everything down and it was easy. We were a little concerned because we had an extra body this time and Mina wasn't going to be going on any rides. I was actually surprised that everything went very smoothly. Dave's sister and her family got season passes too so we met them there. The kids LOVE their cousins and were thrilled to be able to spend the day with them. There's not much else to say other than we went on a lot of rides. By the time the day was over we were all pretty pooped. Me especially, I think. Next time I'm taking some Dramamine for sure! What makes me laugh the most is that the next morning, the kids came bounding into our room asking to head back to Lagoon. Ugh! I'm still recovering and it's 3 days later!
Mina dancing to the Odysea music.
This was what Matthew did most during our time at Lagoon.
The girls on Odysea.
Mina posing with her new "harness." She is still testing her limits with it. Silly girl. =)
The Space Scrambler. Dave looks thrilled, eh?
We're heading back this next Wednesday. Wish me luck!
















No comments:
Post a Comment