On Sunday we celebrated Lily's birthday with my family. We enjoyed Salsa Chicken tacos for dinner and then had donuts and sherbet for dessert. Lily enjoyed opening all her gifts and is excited to use them all.
My sisters Susan and Lorrie enjoying some tacos together. =)
Lily opening her gifts.
Lily with all the new "goods."
Lorrie and her kids are here visiting. I was able to take the kids over to my parents house on Tuesday to have dinner with them all. Lorrie taught the kids how to play a game we played when we were younger called "Colored Eggs." Basically, you have someone be the "big bad wolf" who wants colored eggs. Everyone else is the "colored eggs." So everyone picks their color and then the wolf comes and this is what plays out,
Wolf: "Knock, knock"
Eggs: "Who's there?"
Wolf: "The big bad wolf"
Eggs: "What do you want?"
Wolf: "Colored eggs."
Eggs: "What color?"
And then the wolf chooses a color. If they choose one of the colors of the players, that person jumps up and runs around a designated spot (it was my grandma's house when I was younger. Here we used my parents patio) with the wolf trying to catch them. If the person makes it back then the whole exchange starts again, but if the wolf catches the person then that person becomes the wolf. I think the kids had the most fun thinking up things that happened to the "colored eggs" that weren't there. If the wolf asked for, say, black and no one was black they would say something like, "Black jumped off the roof and cracked his shell." It was cute to hear the things they would come up with. The colors they chose were pretty normal but I remember when my siblings and I were younger we would try to think of off the wall colors to throw off the wolf. I miss my childhood... Anyway, it was a fun night.
Thursday was the last day of the school year! I think I'm more excited than the girls. I checked out about the time Matthew was born and am grateful the girls made it through. That night we went over to Dave's parents house to watch some hockey with them. The kids were excited to play with their cousins, Blake and Avaree. I got a cute picture of Mina and Avaree together.
On Friday, Lorrie and her kids came over to hang out. The kids played outside while Lorrie and I attempted to craft. It was somewhat successful even though we both have newborns and 2 year olds and a bunch of other kids who continually came in and said the age old, ''We're bored! '' Here are my crafting results. I'm not too thrilled with it but as my wise husband said to me, I'm not going to love everything I make.
This is supposed to be "fallish" and be a sentimental reminder of when Dave and I got married. Yeah, I think I missed the mark a little bit.
Today has been a pretty lazy day. I recieved a text a bit after Dave left asking me to run his forgotten walkie to him at work so the kids and I jumped in the car to run that to him. We got ice cream from McDonalds on the way home. That was a mess! They got cleaned up running through the sprinklers with their little friends across the street though. Summer vacation has just begun! Here's to a few more weeks of having all my little ones around me all the time. It's going to be so fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment