Not too much of note has happened this week. Let's see. On Thursday Dave, Matthew and I attended the funeral for my cousin Carlene. It was really sad. Unfortunately, I don't have a close relationship with my cousins. The last time I saw them was at my Uncle Craig's funeral about 4 years ago. Dave and I still wanted to go to support them. I really love my Aunt Beth and my cousins and hope that my love and prayers will help them through this hard time.
About three weeks ago, Dave, Matthew and I attended the funeral for his Uncle Kevin. Again, it was really sad. He had an extremely bright spirit that we will miss immensely. We are hoping that we won't have to attend a funeral for a very long time. We are all "funeraled" out.
After the funeral on Thursday, Dave and I went and picked up some new Galaxy S 4's. We are so stoked and are having fun figuring them out. Dave likes to play Temple Run and Cut the Rope with the kids while I arrange my shopping list and play Sudoku and Word Search. I didn't realize just how different our interest in games were. =)
On Friday, our elementary school called and asked me to come and pick up Lily after school. She had won a prize in the reading drawing and the box was too big for her to carry home. It was a scooter! The girls were so excited. I thought I'd show you Lily with her new scooter.
Later that night, we went to Leatherby's for Lily's birthday. We enjoyed milk shakes and cheese fries. Dave accidentally ordered the wrong thing. He ordered the Strawberry Miriam's Shake (mainly because he'd heard me order the shake right before him) instead of Grandma Marion's Soda. He was so upset that he wouldn't even touch his shake. We ended up bringing it home for the kids to snack on later. I felt really bad for him. He really loves his Strawberry Soda.
When we got home that night it was movie time! Dave decided he wanted to watch the Karate Kid movies with the kids. They watched the first one last Friday and so it was time for Part 2. I don't know who was more excited about it, Dave or the kids. As much as I love the Karate Kid movies, I had other things to do. Dave is still a little out of commission from last weeks procedure, so I said I would mow the lawn. It really needed it. After that, I went to the grocery store. ALL ALONE! It was nice. I got back just in time to see the end fight scene. The kids got a kick out of Miagi and Daniel honking people's noses. Anyway, here are all my precious little ones watching the movie.
Today (Saturday) was pretty low key. The kids played outside, while I hung out inside with Matthew and did house work. When they finally made it back inside Lily passed right out next to Matthew. I couldn't resist snapping a picture!
Well, that was our week. I hope you enjoyed the pictures (taken with my new phone!) and I hope to see you back here next week. See ya!


No comments:
Post a Comment