Yesterday, Dave and I thought it would be fun to get some "alone time" and see Indiana Jones at the dollar theaters. My sweet parents agreed to take the kids, as long as Castor was thoroughly fed (he won't take bottles, period!). We thought since it was a holiday we should get our tickets early. Boy, oh boy! We got to the theater and found a line winding itself around the building. We were sure our kid free plans were ruined! We had pretty much given up until we remembered that you could buy tickets online. We rushed to the car and drove perhaps a little faster than we should have to my parents house. I didn't even wait for the car to be parked before I hopped out and dashed into the house screaming that I needed the computer. My parents were caught a little off guard but showed me the way. After fighting a little bit with the website we had successfully bought our tickets. We were stoked! It was pure chaos but it was worth it for the two wonderful hours we had to ourselves.
P.S. We love our kids and love being with them but, there's just times we need to be together. I'm sure you understand.
2 comments:
We TOTALLY understand. There's nothing nicer than having some adult time, just you and your spouse. Good for you for taking some time for yourselves!
Hey!! Good to see you blogging! It's addictive. Your kids are adorable. Feel free to come snoop through my life. I guess it's not snooping if I've posted it for the whole world to read.
And yes, I love my little bumpkin to death, but it sure is nice to have a few baby-free hours every now and then.
Post a Comment