Piper's birthday was at the end of last month. I can't believe she is 9! I tell her everyday to stop growing because she's supposed to be my little girl forever. I don't know what I would do without her. I've let her know that if she wasn't such an awesome daughter, who helped out with everything and was just plain easy, we probably wouldn't have the family we have today. If she was a difficult child I think that Dave and I would have stopped with Castor. We'd of had our boy and called it quits but I'm so glad to say that because of her, we kept going and now have 5 wonderful, beautiful, fill my heart with joy children. I'm going to tell you some things about her.
She has the sweetest, most sensitive heart. When she knows that she has upset Dave or me she breaks into tears and has to have a hug. If her siblings upset me, she has to give me a hug. I honestly get hugs from Piper ALL DAY LONG and I LOVE it! LOVE IT!
She's my cuddler. She loves to watch TV all snuggled up to Dave and me. She'll snuggle up with her siblings too. It's fun.
She is SO helpful. She'll do anything we ask. She wants to help with dinner every night. With Matthew needing me so much still, it's nice. Sometimes she makes the whole dinner, like spaghetti or something of the like. Dave taught her how to make pancakes recently so she makes them every Saturday morning for the family. =)
Piper loves to read. She goes through a whole series in less than a month. She gets that from me. I'm glad someone else in the family loves to read as much as I do.
I could go on and on but we'll leave it at that. Here are some pictures from her birthday and birthday parties.
Dave had to work on her birthday. Piper was pretty bummed but I made her a cake and then we Skyped with Dave. He helped us sing Happy Birthday and watched her blow out her candle. It was fun. (She did the sprinkles. Can you tell?)
We had a party for her at my parents house. She had fun opening presents. This is a sticker maker. She makes stickers every day now.
She's really into jewelry right now. These are some bracelets she got. After she finished opening her presents we had some brownies with Starlight mint ice cream. It was yummy!
We had another party for her at Dave's parents house. It was a joint party with her Grandpa Paul (it was on his actual birthday). She got things like lip gloss, books, earrings/jewelry, clothes and a jewelry box.
We had chocolate cake and strawberry revel ice cream. Can you say dessert overload? So much dessert over about a week. I think I gained 20 lbs! =)
Dave and I had promised her we'd take her out for her birthday. We could never really find a time or a babysitter. Dave decided that he wanted to take the whole family to City Creek to eat at Johnny Rockets. This became her birthday date. After Johnny Rockets we wandered around some toy stores and got some Godiva chocolates. We were wandering past Claire's and Dave suddenly says, "Pipes, want to get your ears pierced?" This is what happened next. I had such a hard time with pierced ears. Almost any earrings I put in made my ears get infected. I wasn't so sure about it but she seems to be handling it well. I guess it was just me. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment