We carved pumpkins a couple days before Halloween. Dave took the kids out to pick pumpkins. Bad idea. He let Piper and Lily choose the biggest pumpkins they could find! The thing is, Dave had to work an early shift the next morning so he went and took a nap when they got home, so who got to help with the gigantic pumpkins? Me. Anyway, I cut the "lids" out and let the kids get busy cleaning out all the guts while I picked out the seeds. (We like to roast ours.) After they had cleaned out the majority of the gunk, I would come and really get it clean. Then they drew faces on them and carved them out. (Don't fret, people. We had some of those safety knives that come in the kits.) I didn't carve anything. The kids did it all themselves. Piper helped Mina but Castor and Lily did their own. It was a little hard for "Perfectionist Lisa" to let go and let them do it on their own but it was a good thing. I can't do everything for them. Sadly, I forgot to take an after picture. =(
Look at my cute kids!! We reused costumes this year so it cost us nothing! Who doesn't love that? They refused to wear jackets so I pulled mine on and we set off. We only went up and down our street but the kids still got a pretty hefty haul. They had fun because they were with their best friends, the Bloxham kids. Mina and Henry are so cute together. I wish I'd gotten a picture of them. Bummer. Anyway, after that we headed over to the Jaroscak's. Dave had to pick some stuff up so we figured why not go as a family. We were all exhausted when we got home. We all found our beds and enjoyed some much needed rest.
Mina's costume included a hat with red yarn pigtails attached but she refused to wear it. It made me sad because she looked so cute, but you gotta pick your battles.
No comments:
Post a Comment