The first day of school was August 27th. Piper went into 2nd grade and Lily went into 1st. They were very excited. The best thing was that Dave and I let them wear their new clothes. I love my girls!
The last two years our school was on a Year Round schedule. This is the first year we're on Traditional. It's been a little bit of an adjustment. We're excited over having a longer summer but I honestly miss having them home during Off Track. I'm one of those parents who miss their children while they're at school. I laugh when I see people post on Facebook that they can't wait for school to start or for the little vacations to be over because I dread it. I want my kids home. I've managed so far without Off Track but the real test will be December. The last two years they had the whole month of December off. It was so fun and I don't get them this year. I'll try to survive. =)
2 comments:
Whew! I have been waiting for you to make another post! I have such cute nieces and nephews. Piper and Lily look so cute and grown up!
Your girls are darling!
I think I'm going to be a mom that misses her kids when they go to school, too. Kyle only goes to preschool for a couple of hours 3 days a week and I already miss him then! I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he goes all day.
Post a Comment