My sweet little Lily turned 6 on May 26th. It's crazy! Because of her Hypoparathyroidism, she's always been a little smaller and a little bit behind when it came to development, so it just seems so impossible every year that she's as old as she is. She's been a major blessing in my life. She's very sweet and loves to cuddle. She's a wuss when it comes to stubbing her toe but is tough as nails when she has to get her blood drawn. (She has to go to her doctor 2-4 times a year depending on her calcium levels and they draw her blood every time. They're always so shocked and impressed when she doesn't even flinch as the poke her.) Anyway, back to the topic, she turned 6!
Dave had to work on her birthday so we were planning on celebrating on one of his days off. My mom called and said that they were having a BBQ at their house so we packed up and headed over there. Lily wanted doughnuts so I asked my parents if it was okay for us to bring dessert. She was so excited to blow out the candle on her doughnut. =)


With my family we celebrated at my house. I hate having dinner at my house but it wouldn't be fair to excuse myself from the rotation. Dave works on Sundays so I have to get it ready by myself and I can tell you I'm not a good cook at all! I always feel bad for the people I feed. Dinner... We had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit and chips. I liked it a lot but I noticed people putting extra BBQ sauce on their sandwiches (I told you I was a bad cook!) but let's not dwell on that. =) Unfortunately, our swamp cooler has been acting up and the house was HOT! I felt bad but we gathered outside in the shade and it wasn't so bad. The adults chatted while the kids ran around. Eventually, we pulled all the presents outside and Lily tore into them. She had so much fun and was so excited about everything she got. She likes to make plans for everything and she made sure to let me know each one for each present. I love that girl!
 |
| She can be quite shy sometimes. =) |
 |
| Her little sister, Mina, decided that she should help. I love this picture! |
 |
| It's so hard to get a real smile from her! |
 |
| My sister, Susan made these cute cookies for Lily. They were equally delicious too! |
 |
| A close up of the cookies. I was very impressed. |
We also celebrated with Dave's family too. Dave decided that he wanted to have hamburgers and hot dogs. I was totally okay with that. We also had chips, baked beans, fruit and pasta salad. Everything was SO GOOD!! I loved it! Again, we chatted while the kids played. We had a little accident though. We have a little picket fence out back that needs some repair. Our little niece Cameryn stepped on a fallen board and a nail when to her little heel. I felt so bad! I guess Dave and I need to get a move on and get our yard under control! We got her patched up and then opened presents. She got some really cute clothes from both sides of the family and she is loving picking what she wants to wear. =) After presents we had some Brownies A La Mode. Well, brownies with ice cream. I think a la mode might mean vanilla ice cream and we didn't have vanilla. I'm over thinking it. It was tasty. Let's just leave it at that.
 |
| Another fake smile. UGH! |
 |
| Mina got right in there again. =) |
 |
| She got some Tinkerbell lip gloss and when you push a button the wand would flash. Yeah, she went through that lip gloss in about a day. The wand still flashed though! =) |
Another birthday gone by. It makes me sad because they are all getting so big and then suddenly they'll all be gone. I guess that just means I need to love them with all I've got and make the most of every single day. I love you, my little munchkins!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment