Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This Week in Jaroscak News (June 23rd - June 29th)

   Not too much happened this last week. It's been stinking hot! That's one thing that I've hated. Yuck! Our swamp cooler isn't really working the best either so we hang out in the hall all day. That's where it's the coolest. Dave had treatment on Thursday. We hate treatment days. Curse you CIDP! Go back to where you came from! Ugh! It's really not that bad but we're just so sick of it. Poor Dave. His hands, where he gets his IV's, hurt each time they poke him because he's just been poked so many times before. If they try to put the IV anywhere else, however, it hurts more and gets pulled on more by the kids. Again, curse you CIDP! Okay, that rant is officially over. Moving on.
   Friday, we went to Lagoon again. Wow! It was hot! We met Dave's sister Angela and her family there. The kids didn't even seem to notice the heat but all four of the adults were dying! Oh, to be a kid again. We hit a couple kiddie rides and then headed to Rattlesnake Rapids. Ang and Will took Mina, Matthew and the strollers and shooed Dave and I off with the other kids. I was so grateful that they volunteered to stay with the little ones. I was tempted to try to cut my way to the front of the line but I refrained and we didn't really have to wait too long. We had a group of 10 people and so, of course, the raft only had the capacity of 9. We split into a girls group and a boys group. If you know the ride, you know that the loading dock is constantly moving and you have to jump in before your raft takes off (actually, you hope to jump in before they stop the moving dock.). Well, I was trying to hustle the girls into the raft and they decided they all wanted to sit right by where we were getting on, which meant that all movement came to a halt and they had to stop the dock so we could get situated in the raft. Dave started calling to us from their raft, making little comments about how boys are better and such. The older girls got a kick out of this and called them names as much as they could. I had little Brooklyn sitting next to me so I was busy keeping her tucked into my side so she didn't bounce out. Anyway, we got pretty wet and it felt great! We continued our way around the park and had a fun night despite the heat. I am so glad we decided to get passes this year.
 
I didn't get many pictures this time. I can't even tell you the name of this ride. I will tell you that my children almost got kicked off because they kept bouncing the plane on the cement. They thought it was a hoot but the operator did not. =)
 
Lily and Cami are almost wearing the same outfit. It wasn't planned, I swear!
 
   Saturday the kids wanted to put on tattoos. I let Piper be in charge. These pictures show why that wasn't the best idea...
 
 
 
 
 
They even got Matthew when I wasn't looking! Sneaky little devils!
 
Little Matthew all tuckered out.  

No comments: