On March 16th my little boy turned 4. He's growing so fast!!! Dave and I aren't huge fans of big crowds so we usually do individual parties for each side of the family. We celebrated with my side first. It was Family dinner (we (the Dearden side) have dinner together every other Sunday and we usually celebrate birthdays then too) and we were having dinner up in Layton at my sister Susan's house. She made the BEST dinner!! It was a sandwich/calzone thing. One was ham and cheese and one was barbecue chicken. I loved them both but the chicken stole my heart. Anyway, I'm heading away from the point of the post, Castor. After dinner we decided to open presents. Castor was thrilled! The funny thing was that my parents were out of town so they sent his presents home with me ahead of time so he could open them with all the others. Needless to say, I forgot them at home. He got such fun things. Cars, a kite and some clothes. Instead of making two cakes, we ask them what they would want one of the times. He picked rootbeer floats!! I love rootbeer floats!!! We then all enjoyed some wonderful rootbeer floats. When we got home he was able to open the presents from my parents. He got another kite and some clothes.
Later that week we had Dave's side over to our house for a party. We had Barbecue beef sandwiches. They were so good!! The kids had a blast running around outside. They like to chase Uncle Matt around. He lets them "beat him up." =) After dinner we opened gifts. He got fun things like clothes, a book, and a fun car jump. Dave and I gave him a Transformers fishing pole. I don't know who's more excited about it, Dave or Castor. After presents we sang Happy Birthday and let him blow out the candle on his cake. We then all scarfed down cake and ice cream.
| My pictures were coming out dark. I don't know why! |
He had such a fun week! Thanks everyone for making it so special for him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment