Let me give you a little back story. I hate exercise! I mean, I really hate exercise. I've never really worked out in my whole life. Well, after having 4 kids and being about 25 lbs heavier than when I got married, I decided it was probably time to start the dreaded thing that is exercise. I have cemented in a routine. I work out three times a week for about and hour. With this routine I have lost 15 lbs and am on the home stretch! 10 lbs left and I will feel like I have reached my goal weight. Even with that 10 lbs left, I feel like I am looking pretty good, dangit! Anyway, this is where the story begins...
Yesterday, we (my little family unit) went to Best Buy. Dave likes to wander around and look at all the electronics. I don't really like doing this particular activity but we went anyway. As we were perusing the merchandise, my cute little 5 year old, Lily, came up to me and gave me a huge hug, which melted my heart, and then proceeded to poke my belly. She looked up at me and as she poked one more time said, "Is there a baby in there? You have a fat belly, Mom." I'll be honest. I gasped out loud when she asked that. Dave was quick to stand up and put his arm around my shoulders. As he chuckled to himself he asked if I was going to be okay. Stunned, I just nodded.
Moral of this story...I'm not as hot as I thought I was.
5 comments:
Same thing happened to me last week. One of Dayna's little friends asked if I was having a boy or a girl. It happens to everyone!
Kyle regularly comments on Cole's and my "fat bellies", so don't feel too bad. :)
The girl I babysit said to me last friday, "Your Fat." I cried a little when she wasn't looking :( Talk about motivation though!
Thanks for leaving comments! It's nice to see that someone reads my random ramblings. =)
I didn't know you had a blog! You're family is beautiful Lisa! and well worth the 25 pounds. :) The good thing is that the pounds are not for forever, but those awesome kids are. Glad to know we can be blog stalkers together.
Post a Comment