So far out of three kids, Castor is the only one who inherited my curly hair. Dave decided that we were going to allow it to grow out because I usually would just shave his head and that was that. The last time I shaved his head was August of 2010. His hair was completely out of control! It was cute a few months ago but it had passed the cute stage and was in full on girl stage. People kept telling me how cute all my girls were and how lucky I was to have all girls. I would always point out that Castor was a boy and I'd get the look. You know, the "Say what you want, but he looks like a girl" look. Anyway, I finally convinced Dave to let me take Castor to get a couple inches cut off. I wanted it back to the cute stage but Dave was thrilled that Castor had the longest hair of all the kids. When wet, Castor's hair reached to the bottom of his shoulder blades. When it dried and curled up, it touched his shoulders. Dave wanted to continue to grow it out but I think he finally got sick of me complaining about it. =) Anyway, here is my story.
We went to a nearby Great Clips. It's where I take the girls and they've always been great. There was a stylist there that I had never been too before. He seemed really nice and I thought since he was a guy he would be able to be more insightful, perhaps, about Castor's hair. This was our conversation.
Me: "So, if you could cut and inch and a half off the longest part and then make the rest of his hair match, that would be great! I love his curls and don't want to cut them off."
Guy: "You want a shag haircut then. I'll actually cut an inch from the front and an inch and a half from the back. The back always grows faster."
Me: "That would be great. Thanks"
He starts talking then. Asking me questions and stuff. I'm not the type of person that can just chat it up with anyone. We have to know each other. It makes me uncomfortable and honestly, he doesn't care how many kids I have. How many boys and how many girls. What it's like for Castor being the only boy. I can't stand that. That's why I go to the same stylist every time I get my hair cut. She knows me and I don't feel like the answers to questions she asking are going in on ear and out the other. Anyway, sorry, on with the story. I'm sitting there watching him cut and he gets to the back. In horror, I watch as he takes the hair and completely chops off all of Castor's beautiful curls. ALL OF THEM!! I couldn't help but gasp as he did it. He looked up at me and says, "Oh, is that okay?" How the heck am I supposed to respond? No? Glue it all back on, you jerk? Numbly, I smiled and nodded. His beautiful curls, lying there on the floor. I just keep telling myself that hair grows. Dave was none too pleased when we arrived back home. I'm officially banned from getting Castor's hair cut anymore.
![]() |
| This is from Christmas but if kinda shows his hair before. |
![]() |
| And this is after. He still has a little bit of curl but the cute ringlets I'd play with are gone. =( |


1 comment:
What a cute little boy! It'd be soo cute if one of your girls had curly hair!!
Post a Comment